Grade 6 (SCP 10-16)
Term time plus 5 additional days
30-37 hours per week (hours to be negotiated)
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is a two-form entry primary school, situated in the heart of Newcastle-under-Lyme. Our mission is ‘Learning to Live Out Our Calling with Compassion and Love’, and we are seeking to recruit a Family Support Worker to help our most vulnerable children and families. St Mary’s is a kind and caring learning environment, where staff and children are proud to be part of the school community. St Mary’s offers a rich curriculum, a wide variety of after school clubs and an excellent Care Club.
We have the highest ambitions for our children and families with our vision to give children the best start in life and to support families to be independent, responsible and successful by ensuring that we provide the highest level of support for our most vulnerable children. The successful candidate will support our vision and our Catholic ethos working alongside the leadership team to mentor and support children and families towards better outcomes.
We are looking for a person who:
• Supports us in delivering our Catholic ethos and mission throughout the school and the community.
• Believes and subscribes to the positive growth mind-set philosophy.
• Can thrive in a busy, fast-changing environment.
• Demonstrates a can-do attitude, is a positive thinker and is solution-focused.
• Is self-driven to achieve the best outcomes for children and families.
• Has excellent communication skills.
• Can carry out assessments and maintain own record keeping system.
• Has experience of pupil mentoring and is confident to liaise with all parents/carers and any relevant family members to develop sustainable positive working relationships with families.
• Has experience of working as part of a multi-agency team on Early Help Action Plans.
• Has the ability to consider the perspective of both the family and the school and can work closely with both to ensure a respectful and harmonious working relationship.
• Will keep abreast of research and developments in the field.
• Will readily and passionately share their knowledge, skills and understanding.
• Is familiar with safeguarding procedures and will actively promote the welfare of our children and any other vulnerable members of our school-wide community.
The job description for this role is available to view by clicking here.
We are seeking applications from those of Catholic faith, all faiths and those of no faith, but who are supportive of our Christian values and ethos.
Closing date for applications: 10am on Tuesday 26th July 2022.
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd August 2022
All completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting: www.dbs.gov.uk. St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.