St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School
A part of Christ the King Catholic Collegiate
Academy Administration Assistant
Grade 3 (£16,863 – £17,391 pro rata) Pay Award Pending
30 hours over 4 days
A varied, interesting and fast paced support role has arisen on main reception at St Teresa’s Primary School.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking school administrative assistant with a friendly disposition who will provide support to the leaders, teaching staff and parents of the school.
This is a varied and interesting role and the successful candidate will need excellent multi-tasking, prioritising and problem solving skills, alongside the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide a first point of contact for pupils and parents at reception to deal with any enquiries.
- Receiving, signing in and dealing with or directing pupils, parents and other school visitors as appropriate.
- Responding to telephone and email enquiries and referring to staff accordingly.
- Adhering to the school safeguarding procedures by ensuring all DBS checks and ID checks have been carried out on visitors and appropriate visitor badges are issued.
- Record pupil attendance and ensure records are kept confidentially and are accurate and readily available.
- Maintain and distribute dinner registers and undertake duties arising from school meals provision.
- Liaise with the Education Welfare Officer.
- Provide prospective parents with information about the school and the admission process. Refer admission applications appropriately.
- To produce and distribute correspondence to parents
- To administer first aid and medicine to pupils as required, in line with the academy’s policy.
- To liaise with parents regarding pupils’ sickness/injury
- To assist with the general welfare of pupils.
In addition, you will have:
- Experience of IT and confident in using Microsoft Office software
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication and personnel skills
- Experience working in an office environment
If you are interested in applying for this position please download the Application Form here or from the school website www.st-teresas.stoke.sch.uk and email your completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The MAC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Applications will close at 10am on Wednesday 19th June 2019.